Thursday, August 30, 2007

This and That

I went the dentist AGAIN today. Most of you know the dentist story (part one). To make it short, I went to the dentist 3 weeks ago and the hygienist butchered my gums (literally) and told me that I would have to come back in 3 weeks to have my teeth polished. I went today and it wasn't so bad, but she tried to use the metal pick to scrape at my gums again, and I very quickly touched her arm and said, "Uh-uh." After that she stuck to scraping just my teeth and it was not a bad experience. Anyway, I'm telling you all this because AGAIN they asked me why I didn't have x-rays last time. I looked at the tech and said, "Well, it's because I am pregnant." The tech exclaimed, "Oh you are, really?" And that began a series of several people coming into the room to look at me and marvel that I am 24 weeks pregnant. Even the dentist came in and asked, "Are you in you the 1st trimester?" I said, "No I am at the end of the 2nd." The dental hygienist swears I am having a boy b/c I am carrying everything up front. I am going to post a picture of my tummy this weekend to let you all judge for yourself (I think I look big, but what do I know). If it sounds like I am complaining about not being huge in the stomach...I am not. I just don't like people questioning me and I got a lot of that this morning...over and over again.
My friend, Sarah (who is due 4 weeks before me), and I went to have a consult with a pediatrician this morning. I really liked him, and his office is only about 5 minutes from our house...very NICE. Also I discovered this week that Brandon's insurance (which I am covered under) is GREAT! I got my bill from the hospital for my pre-registration for delivery and I only owe a small fraction of the total cost. EXCELLENT! Especially since we are needing to replace our roof due to hail damage. We truly are blessed, in so many ways. Sometimes I lose sight of how much we really do have to be thankful for.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Can't wait to see your belly pic:) I get really annoyed when people tell me I look too small to be ____ weeks. Though I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts...but still...I've waited a long time for this belly...I want it to be appreciated:)

Unknown said...

Yea, I had and have the opposite problem. They all think I am going to pop and they are scared to be near me. Heee Heee. Strangers say...any minute, huh? Nope, just a big belly. I have told a couple people that it is just gas. HA

You'll will have to put that story in the baby book.

You are doing great!

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see your belly pictures:)

~holly said...

awesome! glad everything is going good. (sorry about the gums.......ugh) can't wait for the belly shot!!!

Danielle said...

Oh the horror stories of going to the dentist when you're pregnant. Granted it was a million years ago for me but I remember going to have my teeth cleaned when I was pregnant with my first. The dentist insisted that I had a problem with my gums because they were puffy and bled when she cleaned them. She cut back my gums in the front of my teeth due to what she referred to as gum disease. Now every dentist I go to questions what is wrong with my gums and why any dentist in their right mind would ever think that a pregnant woman would have this problem. Apparently, it happens frequently due to the extra blood supply you carry when pregnant. Glad your dentist is better than mine was. It is great to read all your posts and hear how you and baby are doing these days.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker