Sunday, December 06, 2009

Lane's Birthday Bash


On Saturday we had Lane's 2nd birthday party. Here real birthday is on the 17th but it is always difficult to schedule things that close to Christmas. It was Sesame Street themed and she and the other kids had lots of fun. We had hotdogs, mac-n-cheese, and cupcakes. The kids also played put the nose on Elmo...Claire T. was the winner, but all the kids seemed to like the game.
Below: Playing put the nose on Elmo

In the middle of opening presents, Lane sat down and began reading a new book that she got from her day sitter, Ms. Vicky.
Below is a picture of Luke, being a huge helper and picking up all of the wrapping paper.

Above: one of the big hits, was this music set that included a drum, tambourine, and whistle.


Below: I got a circle cutter a while back and used it to make these cupcake toppers.
Above: Lane blowing out her birthday cupcake.

Blake enjoying her cupcake.

Lane playing with her new digital camera that her Aunt Meagan gave her.

Claire and Lane playing before opening presents.

The other Claire and Lane playing together.
Claire riding the lion
And in the midst of all of the birthday activities, I totally forgot to give Lane her gift from us...a new (or new to her) tricycle. So we gave it to her after her nap...she didn't like the helmet that much.


5 comments:

alisha said...

How adorable! I wish we could've made it to the party! Your hair is short again- very cute!

We are planning on getting TJ a trike for Christmas, I think. I've been having a hard time figuring out what to get for TJ!

Danielle said...

Wow, it looks like everyone had a wonderful day. Hard to believe Lane is two already! How fast they grow up. Way to go Mom on the cupcake decorations.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Lane!!!! I'm sorry we missed it:(

svjetlana said...

Oh that is so sweet. I am glad she had wonderful time. By the way mommy, great haircut, my looks like that too. :))

Sarah Lou said...

Lane's a rebel, bucking the helmet like that!! we had a great time at her party!!

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker