My Little Word {2012}
One of Brandon's cousins inspired me to do this. To choose a word that encapsulates what I want in 2012. My word is...
Persevere
Defined as:
persist determinedly: to persist steadily in an action or belief, usually over a long period and especially despite problems or difficulties
Synonyms: persist, continue, keep at, keep it up, keep on, carry on, stick it out, stick, insist, endure, proceed, press on
persist determinedly: to persist steadily in an action or belief, usually over a long period and especially despite problems or difficulties
Synonyms: persist, continue, keep at, keep it up, keep on, carry on, stick it out, stick, insist, endure, proceed, press on
2012 is the year that I WILL graduate with my doctorate degree. This has been a 10 year journey for me with many challenges. So here is your early "save the date" because this girl is graduating in August 2012. Currently, I am on internship in San Antonio and we are being graciously hosted by Brandon's parents in their home. This comes with expected challenges...one of the biggest is that Brandon has to be in Fort Worth for work two weeks out of the month. To add to that I broke three of the toes on my left foot Christmas morning, and while they will heal, it does make it more difficult to get around. So, my word "persevere" means a lot to me in 2012.
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1
This year I finish my 10 year race to complete my doctorate. This year I will persevere to have patience, kindness, and gentleness with those around me. Persevere...I really like this word for 2012.
3 comments:
Jennie,
You are a STRONG person and I am so proud of you!! I know you will persevere and achieve your goals becoming an even stronger person because of it!
Your "little" word has such big meaning. I think it is a well chosen word for you and agree with your Mom. If anyone is capable of achieving their goals it is certainly you. Very proud of you Jennie.
I know you will persevere and readh your goal!! Praying for you and your family has you finish this journey!!
Post a Comment