Well, I thought I would share the baby's first name (you already knew the last). The middle name will have to remain a secret for now, since it would give away baby Lane's gender. Lane is Brandon's middle name and I definitely wanted to use it for a boy and Brandon liked it for a girl, so baby Lane it is either way.
There have been mixed responses to the whole, not telling the gender decision. But I have to say that I am not swayed in the lease bit to change my mind about keeping it a secret. I think it will be so exciting to watch everyone's reactions when he or she is born. So ask, text, beg all you want...
As for me, my belly keeps growing, which makes me wonder just how big I will get before little Lane (as Brandon calls the baby) will make his or her debut. I thought I was past the, "Is she chubby in the middle or is she pregnant?" glances but I guess I am not. I went to the dentist last week and when I refused the x-rays, the technician asked, "Oh, do you think you might be pregnant?" Seriously? I responded with a curt, "Uh, ya I am five months pregnant." So I guess I am having a existential belly crisis. I can't decide if I want to be big enough so that people can glance at me and know I am pregnant or if I like that I am not that big just yet. It probably changes each day. Plus I catch my clients looking at my middle with a quizical expression, wondering has she been eating too much ice cream and donuts? And I want to yell, "Yes! I am pregnant, can we focus on you now?" But that probably would be counter-therapeutic, huh?
Anyway, not many updates on the baby room since the tree. We did buy wood letters "L-A-N-E" and Brandon is in the process of staining them to go in the room. I am going to attach a picture of the bedding for those of you who haven't had a chance to look at it on target.com.
10 comments:
SO cute! I love the name (for boy or girl) and think it is so fun that you are keeping it a secret.
I also love the bedding/room. It already looks so good. I love jungle themes!
I think you should totally do what you want. Having your first child is so special and should be exactly what you want it to be. I am wanting to know of course. I like the name and like that I know it!!! Now maybe I can embroider something with Lane's name on it. I thot for sure you were going to use the name Jayden Lane Fincher. We need to decide a name soon. You are leaps ahead of us.
I love the name! And I love how it fits both ways to keep us all guessing! After talking about your belly growing I thought I should buy you one of those shirts that says BABY and points to your belly! I remmeber going to buy donuts one morning and buying 2 or 3 more than I wanted. The lady there always had something rude to say! She told me I should only buy my usuall becuase I was getting fat fast! I was was so mad. I handed her the donuts asked for my money and told her that I would feed my pregnant self somewhere else. Now it seems kind of funny:)
i love the name Lane! Can you tell me how to add links to my blog, I want to add you and Emily, i just can't figure out how!
lane is a very cute name. (did you know that is demi's middle name?---cool!)
I love the name too! I didn't realize that YOU knew and weren't telling. I thought that maybe you weren't finding out either. I love surprises...so keep up the secret keeping :)
O.K. so I guess we are the only ones that wish you would share the gendre! We're still not sure we understand the secrecy.
We are so excited about our first grandbaby, regardless of the middle name. So thankful all is well and pray blessings over both of you!
What a great name. Either way I think the baby will be a confident and strong individual. I have absolutely nothing to base this on and am sure that it's nothing but silly woman's intuition but I have to say I have a feeling the baby is a girl. I don't expect you to share the results and look forward to the surprise. You know, I have a 50/50 chance at being right! :) It's great to hear that you are both doing well and are healthy. Look forward to hearing more updates soon.
Can we know the first letter of the middle name?
And for the recored, I guess...
GIRL
Born 12-24-07
7 pounds 4 ounces
I really want to know if it is a boy or a girl!
Congrats kids, will keep you in our prayers that all is well. My daughter Nikki (Brandon's cousin) did the same thing to us with her first. It's just mean...
But being on the other side of it now, I bet it's fun watching Marty and Sherry squirm!
Post a Comment