Thursday, September 20, 2007

Growth Spurt
Well, the baby must be going through a growth spurt because people are finally starting to say I look pregnant. I feel huge most of the time, even though I know I'm right on target. This is the tightest fitting shirt I have so this is a pretty good "actual size" photo. I took this one myself with my new camera (it has a remote, so cool!). I went to the doctor a week ago and had my blood glucose test, everything must have come back normal b/c I haven't received any calls saying otherwise. What I really should have taken a picture of is the bruise on my arm where they drew my blood...uh, ya it's still there a week later, a little bigger than a quarter on my bicep right above my elbow. It doesn't hurt, but my doctor was not pleased that they took blood from that spot. Any way, I go back on Oct. 3rd and then I start going every 2 weeks. I can't believe that it is already time to go so often. I am entering the third trimester and thankfully the only thing I have to complain about is waking up in the middle of the night to leg cramps, but they don't last very long, so if that is the worst of it, I am happy to deal with it.


We also are starting to purchase and get some of the larger items for baby Lane. Brandon and I went to a safety seminar, which was actually a product sales seminar, but we ended up buying something anyway. We bought a "feeding table." It was a little pricey but it replaces the high chair, booster seat, and kids' table. So it is really engineered to be in use for several years instead of only 1 or 2. It is not the most attractive piece of furniture but it is really functional and has a lot of good safety features that items on the market don't have. Below is the "monkey" modeling the table.

Brandon's parents bought our crib for our anniversary, which is a big help financially. And Brandon and I just ordered the dresser/changing table combo. So the really big stuff has been bought, which actually makes me feel a little less stress. God has really blessed us these past few months, with financial peace through our work and through family. Recently, we had to replace our roof due to hail damage, and even though we put a claim through our insurance, our deductible was still a lot. I truly believe that God was watching out for us b/c the roofer that helped the claims adjuster replaced our roof for 1/3 less than the other quotes we had received, which in the world of roofing is a lot. I just got to thinking last night that there have been a lot of things like that happen for us in these past few months and I firmly believe that God has had his hand on us the whole way.

And last, here is an exciting (and a little scary) number for all of you...88 days until baby Lane's earliest estimated due date. AND an even scarier number only 12 more weeks !!! HE or SHE will be here before we know it.

5 comments:

JulieC said...

You look beautiful! :) Such a pretty pregnant woman. So fun! It almost makes me start to THINK about being pregnant again...ALMOST! HA!
-Julie

Melissa said...

You look so cute pregnant! Your belly is definatly growing:)

Unknown said...

The countdown has begun. You are very cute pregnant. I can't wait until little he or she is here.

mcjacobsjournal said...

You are SO cute!! I can't believe we haven't even seen your baby belly in person yet. :) I'm so glad to hear that all is going well.

Praise God for the blessings of peace during pregnancy. Whether they be financial, physical, or emotional, the stressors of having a new baby are high! So, I'm glad to hear that He is taking such good care of you. Hang in there---only a few more weeks! Looking forward to some more second cousins in the family. :)

Cassie said...

I agree...you do have such a cute belly. I've been having leg cramps (well...mostly foot cramps) in the middle of the night too...not so much fun:) Decemeber will be here before we know it! Can't wait!

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker