Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Well, Friday I went to Canton Trade Days with a friend of mine. I bought several things, but none for myself. I bought the cutest cross for Lane's room (pictured below), that says, "We Whispered Lane and God Answered." So cute!

Saturday was my birthday. It was pretty uneventful, I spent all afternoon making a diaper bag for my best friend, Ashley, who is expecting her 2nd baby in October. And we hosted our life group that night, which made my birthday special, since they went all out and brought presents, which made it feel like party. All the gifts were great and each meant so much. Brandon gave me his gift at life group too. He bought me a Sony Cybershot Digital Camera. Yipee! I had been researching them online, because our Kodak Easyshare is 4 years old and really needed replacing. Anyway, I completely love my new toy and can't wait to start taking professional-looking pictures with it.

Sunday, our friends David and Ashley came over with their daughter Whitney. It was really nice spending time with them (and eating birthday cake two nights in a row). I wish that we could get together with them more than we do now. Anyway, I gave Ashley her diaper bag because I just couldn't wait. I worked so hard on it, and didn't use a pattern, so I was pretty pleased with the finished product. (Pictured below). Her new daughter's name is going to be Claire and her room colors are pink and brown. I also made a little matching zipper bag for Ashley to carry her wallet, makeup, etc. with the bag. I really love making things for people and especially for my friends.


Today, Monday, was pretty much a lazy day but I needed one after such a busy weekend. I hope everyone else had a great holiday weekend.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You did a great job and I absolutely love the bags. Claire will too. Whitney hung it up in her room. You do such great work. I am so impressed.

We enjoyed getting together with you guys and hope to do it again soon.

Danielle said...

Great bags. I am impressed that you made them without a pattern. Something I could never do myself. Your friend is very fortunate that you care for her so much. I think the material was really cute.
Sorry I missed your birthday. Glad you had a gret day. Happy birthday late. :)

~holly said...

i am beyond impressed! how cute! do you have an embroidery machine or how did you get "claire" on there?

btw, glad you had a great birthday. and birthday cake two days in a row sounds like an awesome birthday to me!

Jennie said...

No I paid to have an embroidery place to put the name on the fabric before I put the bag together.

Sarah Lou said...

I admire you creativity!! You are so talented :)

David, Ashley & girls said...

I agree with Danielle, I am very fortunate that I have you care for me so much.

Clarice said...

Hey, Jennie! :)

I don't remember if you remember me, but ask Brandon and he will remember. (At least I should hope so.. If he doesn't, let me know and I'll give him a talking-to when I see him next. :P)

Augh, you've got me wondering if the baby is a boy or a girl. :P I'd beg for you to tell me, but I know I'd get no where...

The Cybershot is a really good camera. I had it, but it bit the dust (probably because I dropped it one too many times... so don't drop the camera too much. :P), but Mum has one, so I've been playing with hers. I love the compact digital cameras as they fit so easily into a purse or a pocket.

Enjoy playing with the new toy!!


-Clarice Gerbl

JulieC said...

Ok, so after getting your comments on my blog, I realized how much I love them, and decided I should start leaving comments on other blogs! :) Thanks so much for the encouragement on mine! Anyway, I think the bags you made are AWESOME--you are so incredibly crafty! Hope you're doing GREAT! :)

Cassie said...

Love the bag's!!! Handcrafted gifts sometimes seem like a lost art, they are so special, I'm glad you are keeping this precious art alive.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker