Tuesday, February 01, 2011

New Baby's Room
We have been busy at our house shuffling things around making room for baby #2.

We are using all of Lane's baby furniture and bedding. This used to be our office/craft room.
Here is the crib. We painted the walls sage green.

I found the canvas at Kirkland's on clearance for $30. I bought the nightstand at an antique store for $45. It is in perfect condition and best of all was originally listed at $60 Firm but the clerk let me talk her down.

My favorite thing in the room is this chandelier globe that I got for $34 at an antique store. Don't worry safety maniacs I tacked the electrical cord in the corner out of baby's reach.

The biggest job of all was emptying the craft closet. It was packed...I mean packed with stuff.

I bought a desk on craigslist that is in my bedroom now that stores most of my craft stuff. I am also selling and giving away a lot of things that I don't use very often.

Here is the after picture. It is full of baby things now.

Lane knows that the crib is for the baby. But she promptly has claimed it for Elmo and her baby dolls. She asked me to tuck him in and then gave him a kiss goodnight and left the room. The room is pretty much done now. I probably will find a vintage letter to put on the wall once we finalize the name.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Things are really looking good. Like how Lane is getting into the spirit of things. Can't wait to hear what you decide for the name.

Melissa said...

The room looks grear! All it is missing is a sweet little baby:)

MartyF said...

The room looks great. Looks like all the feathers are in place. Lane seems to agree with your choices too. Now, what letter will you choose?

alisha said...

Looks good! So excited to meet the next Fincher! Love that canvas too! And Lane and her Elmo. Very sweet! :)

The Gills said...

I like that little french provincial night stand that you found. I do have a thing for curvy legged furniture. I have to agree with you though, the chandelier lamp is my favorite addition to the room. Lane is going to make a great big sister reading to and tucking in her little sibling. :)

Unknown said...

The room looks great! Looks like you got a lot done. I can't wait to learn her name. Love Elmo in the bed.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker