Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Aweful, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad DAY!

We've all had them. Let me tell you about my day yesterday. I came down stairs to a huge and I do mean HUGE pile of dog throw up. You know the kind where there is still chunks of undigested food in it. Well, I spent my one free hour before work cleaning this up. I let Dante back into the house and before I could walk up stairs he threw up two more HUGE piles of vomit. I just wanted to sit on my vomit soaked, cream rug and cry. But I soldiered on and cleaned what I could and went to work. I put Dante in his kennel just in case. When I came home at lunch...I came home to puke all over the bottom of Dante's kennel. So I cleaned that up and put him back in the kennel. I finally came home at 6pm after a full day of clients and rented a RugDoctor to clean the pukey rug. Ashley greeted me with..."He threw up again in his kennel. But don't worry I cleaned it up for you." (Thank you Ashley). So Brandon and I spent our evening shampooing our rug. This morning I decided that Dante must have eaten something that he shouldn't have, since about two weeks ago he threw up one of Lane's socks (which came up green and was originally white...yuck!). Just as I mention this to Ashley...I look outside and (WARNING: gross, graphic content) I see Dante pooping and something plastic in nature hanging from his rear. He was struggling to get it all out. So being the good dog owner I am, I ran to get a rubber glove to help him out. Thankfully, by the time I had the glove on and was about halfway to him...he managed to push the rest of it out. I kid you not...it was a plastic toy dinosaur...one of the medium size ones! He must have gotten it from the neighbors yard. They have a mini schnauzer who pokes his head under the fence. Dante frequently urinates on his head, so maybe this was the dog's revenge. Anyway, I couldn't help but laugh as I found myself saying the following phrase to Dante, "I 'm glad you pooped out that dinosaur." Who would have thought that events would conspire for me to be able to utter such a phrase. (sigh) I love my dogs. And it is a good thing that I do, because yesterday tested my limits. But on the bright side, my rug is thoroughly clean now.

4 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

oh the things we do for our dogs...mine always seem to do stuff like that when we have company. I hope Dante is feeling better and you have many vomit-free days!

JulieC said...

Wow...that IS a bad day!!! I'm so sorry!!! Dog puke is not fun (but beware, neither is toddler puke!!!) :) Hope the rest of your week is puke-free!!

Unknown said...

That is terrible but thanks for sharing. I have to admit, I laughed. Hope tomorrow is much better.

Melissa said...

It is terrible but I laughed too! At lest Dante usually doesn't eat everything. We have a little dog(Brittany) who will eat anything! And we usually find it later int he back yard but in a different form.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker