Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sewing Fun
Lane loves to sit in my lap and "help" me sew. It takes twice as long and after about 30 minutes I hand her off to Brandon with much protest on her part. Here is our latest finished product...modeled by the lovely Lane.

Below is the reverse side

And here we are sewing.


She loves to push the reverse button and change ALL of my settings...which is loads of fun for her...and quite an annoyance for me...but it is pretty cute that she likes to sit in my lap.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

I think that is great that Lane already has a keen interest in sewing. Just think of all the great projects she will come up with once she is old enough to sew on her own. Even though it may slow you down now you will one day look back on these days with lots fond memories. Oh, and love the bag. Great fabrics!

Anonymous said...

Wow. She sits for 30 minutes. I am so very jealous and you should be so very proud of her. It is really cool that yall do that together. ...and cute bag. you are very talented. ~ashley

The Gills said...

Tooo CUTE! I can't think of a better helper. She's got her pushing skills down. Once again cute purse...I recognize the black and white fabric...also one I've used myself! Looking forward to our upcoming sb convention.:)

Tambia said...

I love your beautiful purse model! And the purse is lovely as well.
Thirty minutes at one task... that's a great attention span. Just think what a help she will be as she gets older... and what fun when she begins to create on her own!

svjetlana said...

That is a beautiful girl and she models so well.:)) Do you make back-packs too, from that kind of materials?

Cassie J said...

Oh I love this post, so many great things!!! The model, the purse and the wonderful story how Lane likes to sit with Mom during creative time!!! You are a patient Mom, kuddos!

Decah said...

You may remember that Meagan used to do the same thing with me when she was small. Maybe not quite this small, but none the less I remember many times of sitting at the sewing machine with her either in my lap or on the stool beside me. I think Lane may be a great seamstress in the making. Love the purse. Lane models it well... outside and inside. I like that!

~holly said...

this post just melts my heart. PROJECT RUNWAY--tomorrow night

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker