Big Girl Bed Experiment?
We decided that since Lane only has about a foot of space in her crib that it was time to transition to a "big girl bed." We spent more than anticipated...but in the end we got a whole new bedding set and twin bed frame for Lane. It was kind of sad, taking the crib apart. I still remember the day that it took to put it together and how excited I was to get Lane's room ready for her arrival.

These are the before pictures with her crib and safari bedding.

AND here is the after...with her new bed and owl bedding. There is more pink than I like on this bedding, but selections are slim. Kid's bedding falls into three categories: characters (dora, cars, etc.), strickly boy bedding with cars or dinosaurs, or girly bedding with butterflies and lots of pink and purple. So this was a good compromise and the tree fits right in with the comforter. I am planning on making or buying an owl or two to put in the tree.

And what I think is the cutest purchase of all was this hedgehog bean bag for her reading corner. Right now it is sandwiched between her bookshelf and rocker.
7 comments:
I have to say that this made Aunt Ashley tear up. Our little girl old enough for a big girl bed! I can't believe she's that big! I know it's a lot of pink, but it's not girlie throw-up pink. It's just enough. I like it. I'm so proud of you Lane and know you'll sleep all night in such a beautiful bed! If you feel the need to get up and play at 1 AM, suppress it!
What a big step and I know how it must have made you feel. Lane looks right at home in her new big and roomy bed. I love the hedge hog bean bag chair. I can envision lots of fun hours reading good books ahead for Lane.
I love the owl theme! Fits well with Lane's love for books. And I really like the hedge hog bean bag, nice touch!
Oh! It's adorable! I do love the owl theme! And the hedgehog chair is awesome! So... You have to tell us, how is she doing with the transition? Any wandering in the middle of the night? Destroying her room at all? It took TJ a few nights to really get used to it, but he did way better than I expected. And I'll never forget Lexi... Found her the next morning after her transition- sitting at the kitchen table eating poptarts AND cereal that she had helped herself too! She was big on wandering the house in the middle of the night for a long time. I had to sleep so lightly to make sure I would hear her and get her back to bed!
is she doing well? blake sleeps in her big bed, but sometimes gets up to be rocked, then goes right back down. I love the bedding, I had eyed that at target. Is the bed Ikea???? I think I recognize it :) I'm waiting to post pictures of Blake's new room until I get her new bedding all set up!
miss you guys!
cute bedding! taking down the baby bed is sad and difficult. how is she doing at staying in her being girl bed?
ashley
She is growing so fast. The room looks great....
Post a Comment