Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Giving

Recently our church, Cross Timbers Community Church, began acting out the spirit of giving for its members and visiters. I won't go into all of the amazing things God has been doing through them...but WOW! Anyway, last Sunday they gave each family back a cash sum of the offering to then give to someone in need...so that those attending could live out the call to help those in need, like the good Samaritan. So, my fellow bloggers, I need your help...ideas. Do you know of someone in need? The one big rule is that we cannot give the money to a nonprofit organization. With this task I have realized two things, either, 1) I am not aware of the needs of those around me or 2) I am very blessed and those in my circle are also very blessed. Help me, I want to be a good steward of this money, but am at a loss as to whom to give it to.

"Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord,and he will repay him for his deed." Proverbs 19:17

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow. That's so neat!

I have a friend/old coworker who is struggling with infertility and just found out her husband lost his job. She only works part time and they're both pretty depressed right now. I know there are many, many people like them out there right now! But if you want more information for them (they live in Austin) just let me know!

I can't wait to hear how the money has helped the community!

~holly said...

as you already know, uncle thomas could always use some help.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker