Saturday, December 15, 2007

Forum for Complaining

So I am officially 39 weeks pregnant today, and right now I am sitting in my office at 8:30 am on a Saturday to see clients. My complaint...my 8:00 a.m. appointment did not show at all and my 10 a.m. appt. cancelled this morning. I am sitting here thinking to myself..."If I can get here and be ready to see people while having intermittent contractions, then your excuses really don't cut it." Why make an appointment at 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning if you know you won't be able to make it. And for that matter the appointment was made only two days ago, so there wasn't a lot of time to forget about it. Usually I get to bill for times when people do this but this was a new client so I will not get reimbursed for waking up early on a Saturday and sitting around for an hour while I wait for the next appointment to show up (hopefully).
For happier news, my online classes are officially over and I am so glad. Now I should be able to move forward with my career and also be able to bill for more than I am currently. And I should add that I owe a big thanks to my Grannie because without her encouragement and help I would not have been able to take the classes I needed at this point. She is such a good source of support in my life. I hope I provide her with the same.
I know I am just rambling now because I still have about 15 minutes to wait until my next appointment. But the last thing I will add is this...COME ON BABY LANE!!! Brandon and I went out to dinner last night and then walked about five laps in Target, since the weather was so bad we couldn't walk outside. But nothing really happened. Everybody keeps telling us things to do to try to get active labor started, but I know that Lane will come when it is the right time. (I just hope that is today!)

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Well I did wake up pregnant this morning, and I don't think I'm insane...yet:) But I think I would have gone insane if I had gotten up for an 8:00 appointment...you're a better trooper than me:)

I hope Lane chooses to make his/her debut TODAY...but as you said, whenever Lane comes, it will be the right time and more than wonderful!!!

Melissa said...

I too would have been annoyed by getting up early and then know one shows...
We also tried all of the tricks to try to go into labor some brought on contractions but that is about it.
I have to tell you yesterday I left my phone at home and I was so worried that I was going to get phone call and not have my phone.

Unknown said...

I agree...if you can be there, they should be there for sure! You are a real trooper!

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker