Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Waiting Game

I don't like this game at all. I consider myself to be a patient person but I find myself now thinking of ways to get labor started to force baby Lane into this world sooner rather than later. I am still working mostly full-time and haven't really slowed down yet...so hopefully that will help. Although beginning this week I have stopped driving to Decatur on Thursdays to do counseling with the juvenile probation kids, mainly because I am 45 min. from my house, 75 min from the hospital when I am there. AND early in my pregnancy I had a dream that I went into labor while driving home and had to deliver the baby by myself on the side of the road with only Zoe (my therapy dog) as a birthing coach. So needless to say I don't really want to chance it. I am only taking off from that position for one month, but I think I am really going to miss it and I know Zoe will miss it. She enjoys going to work and knows the days we are supposed to go.
I went to the doctor this past week and I am not dialated yet. I am hoping that when I go this Thursday I will get different news. Not that I haven't enjoyed being pregnant, I have been blessed with a pretty easy pregnancy. BUT Lane is mover and a shaker and it is getting to be very uncomfortable. So I keep asking Lane, "Are you trying to kick your way out? If that's the case you may continue otherwise you are grounded for the first week of your life." Other news I can tell from the doctor's appt. is that everything looks good. Lane's heartbeat is in the 130 range like usual. My blood pressure is as steady as ever. Lane is still in the head down position like he/she has been for several weeks now. And the doctor estimated that Lane is probably about 5 1/2 to 6 lbs. right now. And my constant prayer is that Lane does not weigh over 7 lbs. since I am going to try really hard to have a natural birth. But don't hold me to it, b/c I have no clue what all of this is going to be like for me. So I will let all of you know as soon as I know more.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

The waiting game is no fun when you are being kicked at all times. But soon you will be holding Lane in your arms and you will look back and be amazed at how fast it seems to have gone by. Even if Lane is a bigger baby you will do fine. You are and always have been a very strong person.

Sarah Lou said...

It will be over before you know it!!! I can't wait to meet Lane and for Blake to have a buddy!

~holly said...

waiting is NO FUN. i can attest to that. with indyanna and boston coming 10 and 8 days LATE. sweet sweet baby lane will be here before you know it and you will be so happy to have him in your arms but at the same time you will miss being pregnant. being uncomfy all the time will seem like a distant memory.

during labor, just remember deep breaths! you get a break after every contraction. YOU CAN DO IT. deep breaths and low moans during contractions. total relaxation in between. if you can eat before you go to the hospital do it. even if it's toast. or some fruit. from my understanding, once at the hospital they won't let you eat until the baby is born.

i can't wait to see baby boy (i'm guessing here) lane. you and brandon are gonna be great parents! children are just such blessings!!!!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Oh, I hear you on the waiting game! That was the hardest part of the entire pregnancy...those last few weeks when you don't know how or when the labor is going to start. But, it WILL come! And, it will be over in a flash (hopefully with as little pain as possible :). We will be praying for peace and comfort for you and that sweet baby Lane!!! We can't WAIT to meet him/her!

(By the way, I'm probably putting my blog back up soon, but if I do decide to keep it private, I'll be adding you to the list for sure! Right now, I'm just on a short hiatus. :)

Cassie said...

It's funny being in the same boat as you throughout our whole pregnancies. It's just getting unbearable! The excitement AND the tight space is making it so hard to wait!

I hope you have more than Zoe to help you deliver:) Although she would do a wonderful job, I'm sure.

Hang in there! Can't wait to hear the news that you are at the hospital!!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Hey there, can you send me your email address for blog purposes?? Also, if you have Sherry & Marty's, and whoever else, that would be great too. :)

(mckjacobs@verizon.net)

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker