Monday, December 17, 2007



Lane has arrived!!!

(hear her roar)



On December 17th, 2007 at 6:02am countless prayers and hopes were fulfilled when Lane Ann was born. Lane weighed in at 8lbs 7oz (I predicted 8lbs 9oz) and was 21 inches long. Needless to say, she was a healthy baby.


Much to my chagrin, she can already flare her nostrils. A talent her mother has which I have never been able to master.






That red number is the metric representation of 8lbs 7oz. Lane was cold, and wanted some clothes during this photo. So modest already.





Here's a look at the Birth Certificate. It's official.




Jennie, the proud and exhilarated mom with sleepy baby Lane.

After a long night of waiting and watching the monitors, our Doctor let us know that a C-section was imminent. So, they asked me to scrub up just in case I was needed. (I wasn't, but I did get to hold Jennie's hand.

11 comments:

svjetlana said...

CONGRATULATIONS guys!!! She is beautiful and I can't wait to see all of you, give you hugs and kisses...so soon. Help in on the way! Love you Svjetlana

Unknown said...

I love her already! I am so excited for you guys. She is just beautiful and healthy and wonderful! Thanks for the quick pictures.

Brandon, be her advocate for pain medicine. Watch the clock and don't let her get behind on her meds. It is no fun catching up on pain meds. This is my advise having done this twice.

You are both going to be great parents! I can't wait to meet her.

emily anna said...

OHHH She is beautiful!!! I am so happy for you. Claire can't wait to see her... along with the rest of us!
Oh, and by the way, I second what Ashley said! Those pain meds are a MUST!
Praying for a quick recovery...
Love,
The Turner clan

Cassie said...

Congrats!! Can't wait to meet HER:) She's a cutie!!

~holly said...

congratulations finchers!!!!

can't wait to meet my new little cousin! she's an angel already. the outpour of love for her will be so strong at times you will cry. i promise you that!

hoping for a quick recovery jennie!

~holly said...

one more thing........how's nursing going??? ;o)

Lana said...

hey, yall dont know me, but i stumbled on this site while googleing middle names for "lane" i've never thought of using lane for a girl but i LOVE it! i've just gotten a blog of my own since i have found yalls too. so thanks for introducing me to this and good luck with the new baby!!

JulieC said...

AHHHHHH!!!!! I'm so excited for y'all!! She is BEAUTIFUL, and you are both AWESOME! Way to go Jennie, I'm so proud of your labor process and walking forever and going to the hospital at just the right time...you are my hero! Take your pain meds regularly (BEFORE YOU HURT BAD!!) and walk as much as you can---that's my c-section recovery advice. Kiss Lane a million times!! :) CONGRATS!!!!

mcjacobsjournal said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Brandon & Jennie! I just heard the news tonight!! (Shame on me for not checking blogs more often.... :) Anyway, I hope all is going well on the road to recovery. Lane is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! And, of course, I'm so excited that she's a GIRL!! Can't wait to see her very soon. Take care, you three!

Melissa said...

I am so happy for you both! Lane is just beautiful. I can't wait to see her again. Get as much rest as you can let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Love ya!

Danielle said...

What a beautiful baby girl and Jennie - you are just glowing with beauty as well. We are both so happy that all went well and you are both doing great. Congratulations on the new addition to the Fincher family. Enjoy each day.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker